Get Your SSL Certificate
You want to protect access to sensitive data on your website.
1. Order the SSL certificate at a provider like domaindiscover.com
2. On the server that is hosting the domain, generate your private key:
openssl genrsa -des3 -out www.yourdomain.con.key 1024
3. You then generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR):
openssl req -new -key www.yourdomain.com.key -out www.yourdomain.com.csr
4. Paste the result of what the CSR is containing when your SSL provider is asking for it:
5. Your SSL provider will issue you the signed certificate.