The owner called us describing slow wifi, a bad sound system, broken gate buzzers, hacked consoles, buggy home intercom system, intermittent phones.
Two years ago, this homeowner trusted a vendor to install several technologies, but the vendor could sell tech, but couldn’t correctly install it. Here are the notes from our first visit.
- Fixed issues with Wi-Fi/network, Sonos Connect, Akuvox (gate access system), security camera system.
- Confirmed that only 3 out of 6 APs have been online, the other 2 APs were disconnected due to issues in the past. Further Wifi analysis, determined two additional APs are needed, one for Kitchen and one for Living room. Connected APs via ethernet cable, confirmed devices updated and are now online.
- Informed client that Wi-Fi optimization will have to be done during next site visit, this will give Marc A
some time to test out Wifi with two additional APs and also allow time for traffic data to compile.
- Determined Sonos Connect is connecting to the network OK, but only two speakers in Kitchen
output audio, no other speakers in the home are working. Marc A mentioned that there was a
designated location on second floor that may have had audio equipment in the past but that was taken out some time ago, Unable to continue troubleshooting as AV hardware is inaccessible, screwed behind rack, will need to plan to take out next visit with proper hardware.
- Verified camera controllers are not functional, “NET-ERROR” shows on devices, however DVR
has LAN cable connected, DVR has no monitor and no way of accessing web interface. Will need to plan on taking out equipment next site visit, will need to bring external monitor to access admin console.
- Tested Akuvox with Marc A, verified functional for now, assigned Static IPs via Meraki dashboard
for iPad and access system, unable to access admin dashboard as credentials to not work, asked Marc A if he could please obtain the right credentials for next site visit.
- Discussed next steps with Marc A, another site visit will be required to go over pending items.