JOYn The Team at IPSOFACTO
IPSOFACTO HIRING A SENIOR NETWORKING ENGINEER
Message from CEO: If you are a REAL technology lover, you are drawn to it. You see articles about security or new hardware or software and you read them. When you want to learn about something, you watch videos, educate yourself. You know IT systems inside and out and are comfortable getting dirty. If you are met with a technology challenge, you will teach yourself the skills, you LOVE technology, it is in your blood. Please don’t apply if you just want a paycheck, or if you just want to sit back and wait to be spoon fed. At IPSOFACTO, You will be joining a handful of the best technologists in SF and they will expect you to be awesome, all while billing clients, to give them a great IT experience, in secure networks, helping their companies grow and thrive. You will bring IT joy to IPSOFACTO clients while being joyful with your new, loving technology family. Thank you!
IPSOFACTO enhances the customer experience as a technology service provider by providing high quality in-person support. Our focus is to care for the customer in the same way we care for the members of our team. We combine our expertise to manage, maintain and oversee our customer systems and service delivery platforms. Whether it’s providing Tier 1 tech support for software, hardware, network, cloud infrastructure or Tier 3 systems administration/engineering, we want our clients’ needs met by providing any level of IT support that is critical for the operations of our customers.
The Sr. IT Engineer is responsible for the day to day helpdesk requests as well as other IT-related support and provide onsite presence as needed. The ideal candidate must be a seasoned professional in providing end-user support as well as develop, implement, and uphold information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance. Project Management is also the duty of the Sr. IT Engineer.
Furthermore, the Sr. IT Engineer may require ongoing training, conferences, and certifications as it relates to our client and internal vendors and software. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. To be Sr. IT Engineer requires 7+ years of related experience. A specialist on complex technical and business matters. Work is highly independent.
- Team minded and technology focused, and ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for development of technical project plans and resource allocation
- Plan, create and develop scope of work and budget for project plan
- Project management of all customer projects plans
- Provide summary reports of active projects to management and customers
- Manage client expectations, timeline, and technical delivery of project objectives
- Management of cloud server and desk infrastructure in VMware
- Advanced technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity / troubleshooting of routers, firewalls, and security.
- Upgrade Windows Server 20XX to 2016 or 2019
- VM Migrations and physical machine virtualization
- Azure AD Integration with Office 365 & Active Directory / ADFS / SSO / MFA
- Azure AD / Active Directory to Okta / Forest / Domain Migration & Management
- Office Moves (ISP relocation) and logistics
- File Server to Cloud Migration (SharePoint/OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox, Box, etc.)
- Implementation of Email Security (Spam filters, DKIM, SPF, DMARC, MFA, etc.)
- VoIP Migration and Implementation + Porting Number + eFax
- Automation (Autotask PSA, scripting, auto-deployment)
- DNS / Domain Registrar / Name Server Migration
- Advanced remote access solution implementation and support: VPN and Terminal Services
- Administration of remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets
- Ability to concisely document systems, processes, issues, and resolutions; professional writing skills required
- Full ownership of project initiation, implementation and go-live with client
- Correctly logging incidents and support request in Autotask as well as completing accurate time entries for all appropriate tasks/support request, categorizing and prioritizing them in line with team procedures
- Ensuring all issues are progressed & cleared – escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate
- Managing support requests through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping the customer informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages
- Diagnosing and resolving problems to the client’s satisfaction
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with resolutions
- Identify and recommend solutions based on repeat issues or service risks escalated from the service desk into project proposals to existing clients
- Manage scheduled tasks for clients (onboarding/offboarding employees, routine audits of user accounts/access controls, computer/server/network maintenance, etc.), designed to ensure that the customer’s systems remain secure and operational
- Document all pertinent end user identification information using our company’s ticket system (Autotask), including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue as it relates to ongoing or completed projects
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sharing knowledge with team colleagues, vendors, and customers
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer and internal projects
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ticketing system as they occur
- Enter all work as service tickets in ticketing system
- Other duties as assigned by the managers
Technical knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English
- Proven hands-on experience in Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 (both in-house and hosted environment)
- Proven hands-on experience in latest cloud apps: Microsoft 365, G Suite, Azure, JIRA, etc.
- Proven hands-on experience in security and knowledge of security products such as MFA DUO, Okta, running security audits and compliance (PCI, SEC, HIPPA or other national standards)
- Proven hands-on experience in Active Directory, ADFS and modern authentication i.e. Azure AD sync
- Proven hands-on experience in networking and network troubleshooting tools i.e. Meraki, VPN, Wireshark, Packet capturing etc.
- Proven hands-on experience in virtualization technologies: VMware, VMware horizon VDI, Hyper V, Citrix XenApp, Remote desktop servers and farms
- Proven hands-on experience with Microsoft 365: Outlook, Word, Excel and desktop troubleshooting (Windows 7, 10, MacOS)
- Proven hands-on experience in managing a multitude of client environments w/ backups, device monitoring, critical system alerting, windows patching desktop imaging etc.
- Proven hands-on experience w/ scripting and automating processes via PowerShell or other 3rd party programming
- Experience troubleshooting MFA, SSO and other integration issues
- Solid understanding and experience with email platforms local Exchange, Microsoft 365 and hosted email platforms
- Outside the box thinker in constantly coming up with efficient ways to solve problems and run processes
- The ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with customer representatives at all levels
- Have solid experience providing support in a helpdesk or technical support environment
- Highly organized and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours if required
- Experience in a Team-Oriented collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Attention to detail and following instructions and SOPS’s and creating new ones to train all employees
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Experience working in MSP’s environments using RMM tools like Datto and configuring integrations to manage all tools in a single pane of glass
Educational/ Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- College or equivalent (Preferred)
- Minimum 7 years of experience supporting and implementing systems infrastructure, systems analysis and design, project management, and/or IT strategy planning. Strong technical knowledge and understanding of SMB infrastructure and equipment.
Modern Windows Desktop and Server platforms, Active Directory, Group Policy, Advanced Networking (Meraki Switch Configurations, VLAN, VPN, NAT, Routing, Wireless), Exchange, SQL, SAN, Citrix, VMware, Hyper-V, M365, Azure, and other MS Cloud, SaaS (managed by outside vendors) and Hosted Solutions.
Autotask PSA (Agent Procedures, Audit, Discovery, Monitor, ticket workflow), Microsoft 365 Admin (PowerShell), G Suite Admin, Google Cloud Admin, Cisco Meraki, Cisco Umbrella, Duo, Okta, LastPass
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Cell phone
- Many more
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 upto $130,000.00 /year
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, please send firstname.lastname@example.org 1. Your CV and 2. the answers to these questions.
- What are your favorite and least favorite technology products, and why?
- What are the benefits and the drawbacks of working in an Agile environment?
- How do you think further technology advances will impact your job?
- Tell me about a tech project you’ve worked on in your spare time.
- Why do you want to work for us? What draws you to Outsourced IT Services?
Send your resume to email@example.com