Quickbooks Server Manager
When creating companies in a multi-user QuickBooks environment, the QuickBooks Server Manager needs to scan each of the newly created companies before it will allow users to access them.
Failure to have the QuickBooks Server Manager do so will result in the message “Error: “-6129,0″ or “-6133,0″ when creating a new company file or opening an existing one” being displayed.
1) Manually run the scan from the server (requires giving server access to whoever is creating the companies in QuickBooks)
- a) Open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and click the Scan Folders tab.
- b) Indicate which folders contain QuickBooks company files. If unsure where files are stored, choose to scan entire disks.
- c) Click the Scan button to begin the scan. The display bar will indicate which folders are being scanned.
Once the scan is complete, the company files in the scanned folders are configured for multi-user access.
2) (Recommended) Set the QuickBooks Server Manager to monitor the drive on which the QuickBooks database is stored.
- a) Open the QuickBooks Server Manager
- b) Click on the Monitor Drives Tab
- c) Select the local drive that contains the QuickBooks data files.
The benefits of Going Green add up to more than money.
IPSOFACTO became a registered B Corp in 2009, alongside Method and Seventh Generation and other eco-conscious firms making a difference.
B Corp green initiatives span transportation, health, nutrition and even IT Services. Find out how IPSOFACTO makes businesses more profitable as well as planet friendly.
Greener IT is Smarter IT.
Smarter IT is Greener IT.